Where did I die, and how did I resurrect? (Blog Update)

  - Date Posted: 5/03/2023

Post Type: Blog-Related (Update)

                  Where have I been
                  So, I know I've been away for.... Well quite a while. I know I did not promise a specific schedule but DAMN, being gone for around 5 months, that's a lot... But there's a reason.
                  For Context: I have been semi-active in quite a few communities in this area, for a while. This includes the F95 Thread for Tower of Trample, the game for which, by that point, I had worked on around the most, making Info files on lots of the content of the game. That is because, while there had been an Text Walkthrough on the game previously, that one was long outdated, as the game had updated a few times in the meanwhile. On that point, an extremely nice fellow, Fvlaenix, also worked on a PDF version of the walkthrough, and I worked together with him to give him my info files and my current Saves in helping out with that PDF. (Fvlaenix is truly a great guy, he's also dedicated and has made Gallery Mods, and at times Translation Mods, for a number of similar games, link to his own dedicated thread [here])

                  This was all back in last Summer, right before starting out this Blog, and part of the reason why I even started it (since I saw I could actually work on making Info Files, Saves, Mods and Cheats for games I played). I also generally keep tabs on most game communities I make Reviews on, and a few favourite Threads. As such, I was up-to-date with ToT (Tower of Trample) news.
                  To keep it brief, while the game is quite a great Femdom RPG Fetish game, with lots of varied content, and with a big enough renown to spark a wave of similar Femdom RPG Fetish games, it sadly, for quite a long time, suffered from slower and slower updates. The main developer on the game is Bo Wei (who also made a number of other games), with Koda as a partner in helping out with the game (as he had also helped with some of the other games Bo Wei made). However, while the game content was still good, the lack of updates over extended periods of time started wearing the community down in time. In the F95 thread, even hoping for updates to happen became a meme. Yes, it got that bad.
                   I did wish to actually help out. I had worked in this field for a while, and I got used to the RPG Maker engine. I also personally liked Femdom, too, so all the better. In the end, after a few talks through some connections, I managed to convice Bo Wei to give me a chance at helping out... And that's what I did.
                  It took a few months, both to get used to the new workflow, the code employed in the game, learning quite a lot of Ruby in the meanwhile, but it was all worth it. The first release to which I contributed, after beginning to work for Bo Wei, was the first Standalone (official) release of the "Swan & Crow part 3" update (link to Bo Wei's Patreon post with it [here]). As for why an update is made as a standalone version.... Long story, but that's how a lot of recent updates for ToT are formatted. 

                  So, yea, TL;DR: I'm currently working for Bo Wei on helping out with ToT, making sure updates get pushed out more regularly, and polishing as much as possible, while also implementing community feedback. Yes, I get paid, it's all quite good, and I do also hope I'll make a good job of it from here on out, too. 
                  Relevant to this, I get paid a percentage of the Patreon earnings. Therefore, if you wish to further support me, or to simply support Tower of Trample (especially now, that it will start updating more often), support Bo Wei's Patreon [on this link]. Of course, I'm biased in saying this, but it is a great deal, as the membership is currently $2, and you get access to all of Bo Wei's current games, which includes ToT, and also Warrior Guild, Heelfall, and a few others, too. His games have a certain style of Femdom to them (generally, Fetish-focused, with Smells&Tastes, Humiliation, some Brainwash, and all-in-all quite enjoyable stuff) so if you dig it, you'll definitely love all of them!


                  What about the blog, though?
                  As impossible as it may sound, I plan on continuing this Blog, too. Of course, new Review posts here might take a longer while than before, now with my new priorities and all, but they should still happen, preferably more often than once-every-5-months. At least that much I should manage (I still play Games, after all, so I still have material for Reviews).
                  It's very likely I won't do a proper Review on ToT anymore in the future, because of the obvious conflict of interest implied in it. Still, I might make a post at some point with proper Files for the game (and, being a developer on the game as well, I'll be sure to include all the needed Info on the game!). 
                  I can also use your support directly, too, if you wish to subscribe to my Patreon. Link to it is still at the top of the blog. Of course, only if you feel like it... But I'm a decent guy, right? Right? (Hopefully)

                  Either way, it's back to the work with me, Easter holiday is over, and Content needs to be Done!


MetaBlog_Updates,

No comments:

Post a Comment